Low Back Pain a disorder occurring at the backbone generally suffered by the Geriatric. Although that, it can also be suffered by adult.
Low Back Pain or pain in lumbar region affects nearly 80% of people once or many times in their lives. It is a pain caused due to musculoskeletal disorder and can cause acute, sub-acute or chronic pain. It is the area that supports most of the body weight of a human body, this structure makes all the movements of the body possible and provides flexibility to the body.
Causes of Low Back Pain
1. Too long sitting. Job or activity, such as: scientist, editors, drivers or office workers who requires sitting in a long time, is one of cause of back pain.
2. Wrong sitting position. Wrong sitting or non-ergonomic chairs will trigger pain. It is because the backbone, tendon tissue and muscle are too much forced to keep the upper body. It will cause fatigue in the muscle tissue, especially the back of the lumbar muscles.
3. Wrong position when lifting a heavy load will cause stress on back muscles. It is not infrequently occurring if our hips are suddenly shocked and feeling this pain immediately.
4. Worse backbone structures. It can be caused by nature from birth or due to pregnancy. Spine would be pulled to the front due to excess weight infants in a pregnant woman. After birth, this condition will return to the normal condition. In other circumstances, pain can also arise due to the influence of the other sick organs such as: kidneys.
5 Nursing Diagnosis for Low Back Pain - Nanda
1. Acute Pain
related to musculoskeletal problems.
2. Impaired physical mobility
related to pain, muscle spasm, and reduced flexibility.
3. Knowledge Deficit
related to body mechanics techniques to protect the back.
4. Ineffective Role Performance
related to impaired mobility and chronic pain.
5. Imbalanced Nutrition: More Than Body Requirements
related to obesity.